Thursday, March 27, 2008

Still Learning….

Yesterday I felt pretty good; I was a little weak but I have learned that is totally normal. I don’t think that I drank as much water yesterday as I did the day before. I got out of bed this morning light headed; the minute I got out of bed I thought that I was going to pass out, but I only drank forty ounces of water. So today I am going to concentrate on more water. MORE WATER is important!!!!

It is just so hard to get the water you need in when all you can do is sip, you are constantly sipping. Soon my pouch will be able to hold more than two ounces and I think that will make it easier. It is totally bad that I am counting down the days when I start phase two of my life style and can add some proteins to my diet; I honestly think that, that will help me feel better. Three weeks on a liquid diet is about enough to kill some one.. That is weird to say when I am not hungry and it doesn’t even matter.

Some one asked me the other night why I made myself eat if I wasn’t hungry? Well it is easy; I have to have three meals a day, no snacking in between. Right now I am trying to get back on a schedule so I am ready to go back to work. The only thing about phase two that is going to be hard is when you add food to your diet; there is not drinking water a half hour before a meal, during your meal, and for a half hour after your meal. You are supposed to sit for a half hour for a meal too. So are four and a half hours out of the day that you are not allowed to drink anything. That is because if you drink during a meal it washes the food out of the pouch and the food isn’t there as long as they want it too be.

Also when you get to this phase of your life style they want to you think proteins; so if you can have three ounces, they want you to have two ounces of protein and one of vegetable. I am actually very excited that I am going to be able to add vegetable back into my diet. That is the one thing that I have missed this last couple of months; that and fruits. I have always tried to eat healthy but I have not always made great choices.

I was totally a chocoholic before I started this diet with Belnap back in January; but I have not had chocolate since the eighteenth of January and you know it feels great. I have no desire to have it; once in a while I think that I do but I really don’t. I also (Debbie don’t be shocked) haven’t had a Dr. Pepper since that same day. I am feeling great! Chocolate and Dr. Pepper were my two vices and right now I am not sure that I ever want to have chocolate again. I have friends who have had the surgery who eat chocolate and candy now that they are so many years out and I am surprised that they don’t get sick. Well my friend Sami if she eats too much chocolate her body dumps on her and makes her very sick.

Dr. Belnap wants all of us to experience Dumping Syndrome, I have no desire to eat anything that might make me sick. I don’t know we will see right now I cant eat anything right at the moment so I am not worried about it. I plan on having total success on this diet; this is my one chance to loose my weight and I am going to do it. I am going to be fantastic. I CAN’T WAIT!

Well I think that is all that is running around my brain right at the moment. I want to thank you all for the billionth time for all of the love and support that you have given through this time in my life. I am going to try to keep blogging everyday to keep all of you update on my process; how my little brain is working and how I am thinking and feeling. I love you all!

Thank You

Ronda Gardner

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

looking at your pics I would have to say that I would say that you and I are around the same size...you could even be smaller than me. I have some g's that i just bought that are a little small ( tops that is) I may send them your way! that is if you want them. Let me know!

Ronda Gardner said...

that would be great; I inherited a pair of sarahs new pantws last night because she bought them too big. I love them they are very comfy. i will have my dad take a picture of me in the new clothes I bought yesterday so that I can put them on my blog.