Wednesday, March 12, 2008

I Think That I am Being Tried!

I got up this morning ran to the store and got bread so my husband could have sandwiches while I was in the hospital. About nine something my cell phone rang; my sister Sarah didn’t answer it because she wasn’t sure who it was. I took one look at the number and my heart dropped; it was the surgeon’s office calling to tell me that they were going to have to reschedule me because Belnap had been in Transplants all night long.

What can I do about it; getting mad isn’t going to help any, yes of course I am disappointed and I didn’t cry but other than that I am powerless. I knew when I chose Belnap as a surgeon that there was a chance that this could happen. He specializes in Organ Transplant.

Well since it is Wednesday I went up to weight so I can stay on top of where I am. Keep in mind also that I have been on a clear liquid diet since six o’clock on Sunday. Well I’ve lost five pounds since Sunday; so I have lost a total of forty two pounds which is really good.

While I was in his office Dr. Belnap called and said that he got another transplant and was on his way to Colorado to harvest the organ and then he would be back to put it in. They are hoping that he doesn’t get anymore; he is scheduled off tomorrow to sleep (as long as there are no more transplants) and then he two on Friday, me and one other guy.

I am praying that things go well, and that we can get the ball rolling. I can’t put my whole life on whole until I can have surgery. I am disappointed and I hope that it will happen soon; but I know that it will have the surgery when it is meant to happen and not one minute sooner. I am learning a hard lesson in patients; I have discovered that I am a lot stronger than I thought that I was.

I will keep every one posted on what is going on. Thank you for your prayers and love they are defiantly felt and appreciated. I love all of you thank you very much for everything.

Ronda Gardner Pouty





2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

well snuggle with your hubby, have some "fun" alone time before you can for a while and relaxe. Friday will be here and you will be humming right along! Thanks for calling so I didnt worry about you! Love you!

my--four--sons said...

Wow you have some awesome patience.