Sunday, March 30, 2008

A Bad Food Choice…..

Okay, I think that I learned my lesson today. I was out with Mark I needed to eat something because it had been that long since I had eaten; well I decided to get a piece of Grilled Chicken. Okay I didn’t eat that much of the grilled chicken, I took very tiny bits and chewed them until there was nothing left to chew. Needless too say it was too much and it sat heavy in my stomach.
We weren't home so I had to deal with the most horrific stomach ache that I thought that I was going to die. We are talking I felt like I was having a heart ache. It was horrible; when we got home I ran in the house and threw up. Not pleasant and I am going to make sure that I never eat anything that I can’t handle again; I learned my lesson.

So I went to my Dr. Appointment last night and everything went really well. I told him that the nurses told me not to take the stairs and that if I had to, to take them very slow. He told me not too listen too them to take the stairs as many times a day as I wanted to. He told me not to take it easy, he said that the more I got up and did the better that I would feel.

He said that he wanted me to walk two miles in the morning, and then go to the Gym in the afternoon. I was thinking wow you are really trying to kill me. I was thinking that I couldn't do it; but I have noticed that my back isn’t hurting any more, and that my knees are feeling a little better, and getting up and getting around is so much easier than it has been in a long time that I think that I may actually enjoy getting up and exercising.

I think that I am going to try to walk a couple of laps in the morning when I get to work, and then walk at first break for fifteen minute. Then tomorrow night I am going to talk my parents into going down to the gym and signing up so we can start working out. They want me to work out five days a week for fifty minutes.

I really want to be a success at this surgery and I want to loose as much weight as possible. So I am going to do everything that Dr. Belnap tells me too. In fact he told me that the only one of my friends he wants me taking advice from it Jackie because she is a nurse and she has done this before and she doesn’t try to tell me that my surgeon is wrong that I should be doing something different than I am doing.

Right now I am thinking that the exercising is going to be too much, but you know what I know that I can do it. I know that I can do hard things; besides I have one huge motivator, I DON’T WANT TO HAVE TO HAVE PLASTIC SURGERY! I don’t want to have to have any skin removed, and I am going to try my hardest to prevent it from happening. In fact if there is just a little but I think that I can deal with that. That is something that we are just going to have to wait and see what time brings. This is something that I am not going to worry about right now, I am not going to worry about it until the time comes when it is an issue.

I think that to day has been the worst day since I had surgery, and I am defiantly going to be watching what I eat for the rest of my life.

Oh that was something that I was going to say, my surgeon told me last night that I am only going to be able to eat two ounces indefinitely. They want my stomach to stay as small as it is for as long as possible. I think that is a great idea and I don’t have a problem with that. I love my surgeon and everything that him and his staff has done for me. I hope that some day I can thank him for the new life that he has given me.

I want to thank all of you yet again for all the love and support that every one has give me. It means the world to me; and it has really help me, probably more than any of you will know.

Thank you! I love you all
Ronda Gardner

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh Ronda, I sooo know that pain you had with eating the grilled chicken (even chewing it till it was a paste in your mouth before you swallowed)! It's pain in the pouch which sits right below your sternum (breast bone), that's why it feels like a heart attack/major chest pains. Like I was telling you, I couldn't tolerate meat of any kind (no matter what the consistency) for nearly 13wks. Then slowly it came & I was OK with regular foods in small amounts. I wish my pouch/stoma were small & all I could eat was 2oz of food --- Girl, I can eat more, but I'm really going to get serious & back to basics & lose as much weight as I can before coming out there in July. I want US to go shopping together -- CLOTHES shopping girlfriend! We've always been the "big girls" & Lane Bryant was our only choices, or catalogs only.... but girlie, you wait, once you're in a size 18 or less, you & I are going to shop & look HOT! I've found a few cute summer things to wear once we get out to Utah, but I know we can find some more cute clothes -- even @ Target (LOVE THAT PLACE). Well you take it easy. Oh & Dr. Belnap is so right about moving/exercising! The more you move, the better it is for your body! You also really feel like YOU are taking part in the weight loss. You are using your WLS Tool & You are moving your body & contributing to the weight loss with every step you take! I think if my back wasnt so bad, I'd be back @ the gym busting my butt to get these extra pounds off! Ok, enough from me, for now. You take care & take it easy with the meat proteins (this is when I lived on cottage cheese & protein shakes---it worked for me). xoxoxoxoxox

Deb Williams said...

Sounds like you are getting the groove of it all. I think that once you get exercising it willget easier. good work on all that you are doing!