Tuesday, March 18, 2008

My New Life….

Well I am going to try and take over for my self; which means that I am going against Doctors orders I am not supposed to be climbing stairs. I will take the slow and if it takes me fifteen minutes to climb them then that is okay. So let me update all of you on my adventure.

Friday when they rolled me away from my family I almost started crying. I could not believe that it was happening; it has been such an emotional week and the ups and downs had been great that I was about ready to crash when it finally got there. In fact once my anesthesiologist came into the room I told him that I had a head ache as was having allot of anxiety from the roller coaster of a week I had had. He gave me something for it and it helped almost instantly. They took me in to the Operating Room a little after six and I guess that the surgeon got to me about seven. The surgery went beautiful, Dr. Belnap took his time and did a good job; in fact they said that he said in recovery with me for a while.

They got me up to my room a little before midnight; and I just went to bed. When I was gotten up the next morning I felt really good, in fact you could barely tell that I had had surgery the night before. I was doing really well; I had to have Heparin injections in my belly 3 times a day to prevent blood clots, those weren’t pleasant I never want to have to have them again. They had to intubate me for the surgery, I don’t remember a lot about it and that is okay with me. I remember coughing allot when I can out surgery, my lungs have hurt a lot the last couple of days, I coughed a lot last night but I am getting up and around a lot better today than I have in a couple of days.

I have six little incisions in a circle around my abdomen and I have an incision where my drainage to was. The only thing that sucks is that I can’t shower until tomorrow I smell like the hospital and my hair is kind of yucky; but I will survive! I am a fighter and I don’t ever give up I will make it and tomorrow is going to be a better day.

I can’t wait to go to the Dr. on the twenty ninth to see how much I have lost. I am hoping for thirty or more pounds but I am not going to get my hopes up. I am going to also be posting pictures at the beginning of each week; I am going to be keeping a photo journal. I never been skinny and I can’t wait to see how it feels. It is going to be good; my dad has started calling me skinny because Dr. Belnap says that I need Therapy as well as changing me eating habits. I need positive thoughts and positive reinforcements I think that I will get it from my family, they are good for that. The only person in my family that I have not seen yet is my brother; and I don’t know if I will see him he was not supportive of me having this surgery and so it isn’t that big of a deal. I had to do what was best for me and this is what that step was, and I am starting down the road to having a healthier and happier life. And I am glad for it I can’t wait to start seeing the results.

I am going to try to make a post every day so that I can let those of you who are interested in knowing how I am doing updated. I feel great today and can’t wait to see what tomorrow brings. I will talk to all of you soon!

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

thanks for calling me I was so glad to hear how you were doing! I am glad that you are doing well and that things are going good for you!