Monday, March 24, 2008

Crazy Ramblings…….

I love using my moms laptop because it has some really fun fonts on it; and it is just a really good notebook. I actually didn’t think that I was going to like Vista but you know its not a bad program at all once you learn how to use it.

So I am starting to get back to every day life! Yesterday while my family sat down to dinner (because some times they are hard on me) Mark and I went for a drive. I need to start getting my self a round more independently and riding in the car is not comfortable but it is something that needs to be done. It actually wasn’t that bad. Now going with my sister on Friday was really uncomfortable; she has a Chevy Cavalier and they are rather small and not a lot of stretching room. I was very cramped in the front seat.

My car on the other hand is a Chevy Malibu and it is quit a bit bigger and I was a little more comfortable in my car than my sisters. It wasn’t bad; now if the city would just start getting all of the craters in the road fixed it would be that much better. But I am sure that soon it isn’t even going to matter because I am not going to notice the difference.

Last night I also slept all night in my bad and it was wonderful. I am going to try to continue to sleep in my own bed. I know that they said to be careful taking the stairs; and I am, I take them very slowly. Besides walking up and down the stairs gives me a good work out.

Speaking of working out; I think that I am going to brave the treadmill this morning. I don’t like it but I need to do something to get a better work out. I mean I am getting a good work out; there were a couple of days last week that I think I pushed it too far; after wards I was really sick and light headed, so the goal is to take it a little slower. We will see how it goes this week.

I am thinking about joining Golds Gym after I am six weeks out from surgery and start lifting and toning. I want to do everything in my power to help my skin shrink back to normal. Well my father was telling me that he knows one of the owners and he would talk to him and see if they can give us a deal; he has said once before that he would. That would be so nice if they could. My dad takes car of his golf cart maintenance.

One thing about this surgery is that every one keeps telling me that exercising is going to become a hobby and a pass time and I am having a hard time believing that. Maybe after I loose another fifty pounds I will feel differently. I remember that there was a time a few years back that I could get on our exercise bike and ride it for an hour and would feel absolutely wonderful afterwards. I am looking forward to that again.

The future is so exciting to me now; I can’t wait to see what a year brings. I think that I know what I am going to be getting for Christmas this year; a lot of my clothes are already too big and I don’t know what I am going to do. I can’t go to the DI’s yet because they don’t carry allot of clothes in my size. So I may have to go hit the clearance racks. Its not like I need shorts; I can’t wear them to work unless they are Capri’s. I mean soon I can start raiding Sarah’s closet but she has a lot of nice and fancy tank tops that I can’t wear because I wear garments, So I will figure something out. I think that I do have a few pair of pants that I can still wear.

Well I am going to run; literally on the treadmill. Well maybe only walk; stay posted I am sure that I will have some more crazy ramblings for tomorrow. My mind is constantly going a hundred miles a minute. Thank you for reading my blog and for all the love and support. Your all great!

Love
Ronda Gardner

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I WANT A TREADMILL!!!! I wish that I had something here at home that I could do even while watching tv so that I didnt have to try and fight mt kids while exercising!