Monday, March 10, 2008

A Little Bit of a Delay!

It has been a bit of a rough day! I got a phone call last night asking me to be at St. Marks at ten this morning instead of at one. I had a very rough night I didn’t get to bed until one this morning and at twenty to seven my cell phone started going off. I got up and my bowel prep was still working like mad, I had to shower take before pictures, take measurements we had to drop Hallie off at school, go to the credit union and get the cahiers check changed again and then head to St. Marks. Get this we were even early.

I went and paid my deductible when I first got there, then headed for Ambulatory care to get checked in for surgery. I ended up sitting in the waiting room for an hour, they finally took me into a room around 11, I got into a gown; they check my vital signs and told me that they would be into take me up for surgery around one.

Well my friend Loreen from work called me and was joking around about being my surgeon saying that she was sorry but he had a transplant just come in and they were going to have to reschedule my surgery for a later date. I kid you not; not even five minutes after that phone call a nurse came in and told me that she had bad news. That a Live transplant had come in and they were bumping me off the schedule and that I would have to call Belnap’s office and reschedule my surgery.

So now I am scheduled for surgery on Wednesday the 12th at 4:30 and I pray that this time it happens. I know that this is what I get for praying that no one would die and that I would be able to have surgery to day. I am going to try not to be so selfish this next two days.

So I don’t have to do the bowel prep again I am on a clear liquid diet until then. I am hungry and it is going to be hard but I know that I can do it; because I don’t think that I am going to be able to drink Phospha Soda again. It was the most horrible stuff that I have ever tasted!

I am going to try and put my before pictures on here if I can get the memory card to work. Here they are I am not fond of these pictures of myself but the change is amazing.
This pic was taken This Pic was taken
the 20th of Jan the 10th of March

2 comments:

my--four--sons said...

oh man that sucks! Sorry you have to wait. That is just not a nice thing to do to someone.

Deb Williams said...

that is a awesome difference...I cant believe how close it is getting and how crazy the weight loss will be after you get this done! you are going to be on a roll. make sure you post pics every month with the months before so we can see how wonderful you are doing!