Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My World is Spinning..

The last few days I have not been feeling well at all. It isn’t from surgery, well I guess that in a way that it is; but I have been really light headed and dizzy. Well apparently that is normal. I went on my surgeons website and everything is there. This is what it says about being light headed and dizzy.

“Dizziness: This occurs because the body eliminates large amounts of water and salt during weight loss. One benefit of weight loss is that it lowers blood pressure, but it can become a problem if light headedness develops. To avoid this problem, increase your fluid intake. Sip water frequently throughout the day. Carry a water bottle with you.”

I have also been extremely fatigued the last few days and that is normal as well. Here is what is says about that.

“Fatigue: You are consuming fewer calories that your body is accustomed to. You may feel more tired, weak, or have a lack of energy. Make sure you are sleeping at least eight hours a night. Do not skip meals. Inadequate hydration will affect energy levels. Make certain that you are getting 50 minutes of exercise at least five times a week. Exercise restores energy in most individuals. “

These are the two major things that I am dealing with right at the moment. You know it makes it really hard to want to get up and exercise; but I try to do what I can. Yesterday by the time that we left Wal-mart I was so light headed that I almost had to have my husband help me out of the store. I didn’t though because I have to be strong and I have to get over it. I need to start doing the things that will help me more.

So I am trying to up my water intake, since I got up this morning I have had four ounces of water. I can’t believe how hard it is to get your thirty six ounces of water a day when all you can do is sip. And I my self am use to drinking well over sixty four ounces a day. I have to admit though that is really very nice that I am no longer hungry. That just blows me away; it is a nice feeling.

Oh the other thing that I have noticed since I started working with Dr. Belnaps office that since I cut sugar completely out of my diet I can no longer stand that taste of it. My mother made me a cup of Herbal Tea the other night and put a small teaspoon of Sweet and low in it and it was so sweet that I could not drink it. So Sunday evening I made my self cup of tea I didn’t put any kind of sugar or sweetener in it and I could drink it and it tasted really good. I never thought that I would see the day that I could not stand any thing with sugar in it. I can’t believe that I will never be able to eat chocolate again. Oh well I guess that is a good thing isn’t it.

I have a story to share with all of you. Since my husband and I got married we have had the same home teacher. His name is Chad Worthen. I love Chad and Mikael they are very sweet people. Well Chad had been there for me through this whole process; in fact on the twentieth of January he came over and gave me a blessing. I was the most beautiful blessing I have ever received. Well any ways he came over again the night before I had surgery and helped me give me another one. He is just an amazing man; Well to get to my point last night while they were out on there walk they stopped by to see how we are doing and if there was anything that they could do for us. I told them that we were doing really good and that we were okay. Well they gave us a card and a copy of this months ensign and told me that if we needed anything to let them know. I thanked them and told them that I would and they left.

Well I went down stairs to rescue my husband from the dreaded Hallie Monster who was in our room playing on the computer. I opened the card to read what it said about started crying. Inside the card was a fifty dollar gift certificate for Target to help to build my new wardrobe. I was very touched by this kindness I was beside my self. So I need to send them a thank you card because I am just in awe.

I guess that there comes a point in your life when you realize who really is your friend; and then there are those people that just go above and beyond any thing that you would expect of them. I am so grateful to have two people like the Worthen’s in my life they are amazingly wonderful people. I really need to let them know. So today I guess that Mark and I are going shopping; there is a really cute pair of Capri’s at Target that I wanted so I guess that I am going to go buy them

I want to thank all of you for your continuing support I am glad that you are hear on this wonderful journey with me.

I love you all

Thank you
Ronda Gardner

2 comments:

my--four--sons said...

That is a great story! Make sure you buy those capris too tight because you will be in and out of them quick :) I hope the dizzies go away. My meds make me dizzy and I know how frustrating it feels. Have fun shopping!

Deb Williams said...

woo hoo shopping is fun when you are loosing weight! you need a perma straw attached to your face so you can sip all day! LOL that would be funny you could get one of those water packs...any way you are doing great! keep paying attention to your bodya nd you will alway be aware of waht is going on! Love you