Sunday, March 23, 2008

Sleeping Better…..

I have been trying to sleep lying down; because sleeping sitting up very difficult. I would wake up every two hours and then not be able to go back to sleep for an hour or so.

So I have been trying the stairs a little bit; it doesn’t actually hurt to walk up and down them, but if I take them two many times a day then my tummy muscles ache a bit. I have been sleeping a little bit in my bed with my husband; I really miss having his warm body beside me, but I do start hurting towards morning from all the moving and wiggling. I stay down there until I have to get up and go to the bathroom and then I come upstairs and sleep the rest of the night.

I think that tomorrow after my husband gets up I am going to go down and have him help me get the laundry done. He will have to get things in and out of the washer and dryer and I will fold everything and put it away. He is really good at helping me; I will get up some mornings and he will have done some because we are out of under ware and I am a bad wife and wont feel like doing laundry. He is wonderful I love him a lot even though at times it is had to see.

I can not wait until I can sleep in my bed every night and have it not hurt. It is the little simple things in life that I am having a difficult time with right now. I am so excited and happy that I have already lost fifteen pounds; that is absolutely insane. I can’t act like I didn’t know that this was going to happen; because I did I watched my Best Friend Jackie transform in front of me.

She lives in Michigan and so it is still rather strange to see her; because she is my Jackie but at the same time isn’t. I love her more than anything and she is my inspiration for this surgery; she is the one that planted the seed inside me six years ago, but I had to wait until the time was right for me; I needed to make sure that I was ready for the change that I was going to be under going.

The change is huge, I have learned so much about my self. I didn’t realize that I was as strong as I am and it blows my mind. I am glad that I have had the chance to learn these things about my self. It has been a great experience and I will let you guys know about every change that happens.

Thank you for all the love and support. It is much appreciated and I want all of you to know that I love all of you very much.

Ronda Gardner

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I hate trying to sleep after having surgery! I have had lots of experience with abdominal surgery! I have had 4 in the last 6 yrs...after two weeks you are back to normal again...so someting to look forward too! Congratrs on the weight loss it is truely amasing that you can get results so quickly! YOu are the WOMAN!