Saturday, March 29, 2008

I Did it Again….

I had it all planed out again what I was going to blog about and it slipped my mind. There isn’t even a hint of what I was thinking there.

I have been having some really strange dreams lately; the one night I have a dream that I was eating a sandwich and my sister Sarah (who has become the food Nazi) was yelling at me telling me that I shouldn’t be eating that because it isn’t a clear liquid. Well in the dream I told her that she was stupid and that it was; and then after that I ate some chocolate chip cookies.

That is just but one of the many bizarre dreams that I have had; there was another night I dreamed that I was being chased down the street by water bottles. I think that I had that one because that is all that I think about; I am worried that I am not going to be able to get another water in. but I am up to 64 ounces a day and that is a good thing.

The most upsetting dream that I had was Thursday night; I dreamed that I gained twenty pounds, I didn’t not like that dream. But this morning when I got on the scale I had lost another eleven pounds. I was hoping for another fifteen pounds but I’ll take eleven; I can’t believe that I have already lost sixty eight pounds, since January ninetieth it is absolutely insane but I am not complaining in the least bit.

I have struggled my whole life to loose my weight and now that I am loosing it is mind boggling. I owe so much to Dr, Belnap and his wonderful staff that I have met and had contact with; with have all helped me so much. Vikki and Adam are awesome they all ways gave me the encouragement I needed to keep me going. I couldn’t have asked for a better surgeon. I only wish that I could tell him how much hope he has given me; that I never thought that I would ever be skinny. I have been saying for years that there is a skinny person inside of me trying to get out; but she could never full emerge. There towards the last couple of years that women has felt like she is suffocating and it made me sad.

I had tried everything out there to loose weight. Well not literally everything but nearly; and nothing was a permanent answer. I had the most success on Weight Watchers and even then I had a difficult time maintaining. When my Doctors office referred me to Dr. Belnap it was a god send; even though it took me a couple of months decide to make the phone call and set up an appointment but I eventually did it. I knew that when I made this decision that it was for a life time and I had to make sure that it was right; I prayed a lot about whither or not it was the right thing for me to do. I remember the day that I got my answer it was the first weekend in April; it was conference weekend when I got the answer that yes it was right. I cried I was so overwhelmed.

Well through the following ten months I prayed a lot to help me thr0uhg the long process; I prayed that I would have patients to get to the end. I also prayed that I would do this until he stopped me; well he didn’t stop me. I am glad that I had the surgery; I am glade that I have given my self a new chance at life. I shouldn’t say it that way; heavenly father and Dr. Belnap have given me a new chance at life.

It is up to me to take the tools he has given me and utilize them to the best of my ability and blow every body away. This is my chance and I need to make the best of it; and enjoy the rest of my life. I am excited and can’t wait to be skinny it is going to be a new experience for me. I have never been skinny and it is going to be great.

Thank you all for being here and for all the support that you have given me. I love all of you and I hope that some day I can return all the support that you have given me.

Love
Ronda Gardner

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

you sound like you have pregnant brain cuz that is what happened when youare prego! cant wait for that right....when you lose all your weight you can start a blog called super model documentry HOUR! sorry i had to quote super star at least once!

Unknown said...

Oh Ronda, I'm so proud of you! You are going to look & feel amazing when I get out there in July. I can't wait for you to say to me "I've never felt so good in my entire life! I've never felt so thin & healthy!" I know that losing the weight, getting healthy are going to be the 2 important keys to you having a healthy & successful pregnancy! I know it can happen---you know you can refer to me as your example. I love you! You BFF, Jackie! Highest weight 369, lowest weight 158, current weight 185, wanting to weigh 160 or less when I get out to Utah in July!!! :)