Saturday, February 23, 2008

Random Thoughts!

It just seems like yesterday that I went up to Dr. Belnap’s office for my Pro-Op appointment, but it has been 34 days! I also can’t believe that I have lost 24 pounds; I have never lost weight this fast before. I have had several people tell me that I don’t need to have surgery because I am loosing weight so well on my own. The only thing is, is that if I went back to eating the way that I was before I would gain it back, or I would not be as successful.

I tell them that they have to realize that I am on a very unhealthy diet. I mean Dr. Atkins thinks that he had the right Idea with High Protein and no Carbohydrates. I mean the diet works but I have to tell you that I am sick most of the time; I am so dizzy and light headed I have the shakes all of the time. But I am trying to cut as many carbohydrates as possible because right now I am in crunch mode, I have 17 days to loose 16 pounds and I want to do it I have to have surgery on the 10th of March. I think that I will be very disappointed in my self and I think that it will be very hard for me too want to keep going.

But I am not going to start thinking this way. I have to stay positive! I am almost at my goal, and the taste of victory is going to be sweet. I can not wait to be thin; this is something that I have wanted everyday of my life since I was a small girl. I have always thought that there was a thin person inside of me trying to get out, and she is about to come out and all I can say is….

Watch out world here comes Ronda; I can’t wait to see what my future has in store for me. I am thinking about going through the police academy; I am not sure though because I have also thought about going to Culinary arts school. I love to cook and I think that it would be fun to be chief.

I am going to make some changes in my life and I am not sure what they are going to be but they are going to be exciting. I know that there is so much more for me in this life and I have been holding my self back because of my weight. I don’t like to put my self in the spot light, if I did that then people would notice me, and I don’t want people to see me because the world can be pretty cruel, and I don’t like to be in the spot light. But things are going to be changing for me and I can’t wait.

I want to thank you for your support through this period in my life, it has been hard but I know that in the long run it is going to be worth it. I love you all!

Ronda Gardner

2 comments:

Deb Williams said...

on atkins you have to have some carbs...he never says to give them up completely...you just stay around 20 carbs a day! then when you get to your weight goal you start adding more till you maintain your weight that you want so that you know how many carbs your body needs. what your doing is to prepair you for surgry...not for a real diet. That Doc is doing what it takes to prepair you for surgry and at the same time make sure that you are really prepaired for what is to come!

Deb Williams said...

you are doing Amasing BTW! Keep up what your doing and you will get to your goal!