Monday, February 25, 2008

Nausea and Dizzy Spells

I can not wait until I loose the rest of the 40 pounds and I am ready to have surgery; because I am tiered of not feeling well. I am constantly nauseated and shaky and lightheaded. I think that I have complained about this before but it is getting old.

I am trying so hard to stay strong and not falter. I know that I made this choice, I knew that it was going to be difficult; but I didn’t think that it was going to be this difficult. I know that the diet that I am on is not exactly healthy allot of people keep reminding me of that, but I have to do what is asked of me if I don’t the surgeon can refuse me and I don’t want that.

I am constantly reminding myself that the final out come is going to be worth everything that I am going through. That also makes it a little easier.

I have talked to allot of people who have had the surgery; and have heard allot of good and bad things about it. But my best friend Jackie keeps telling me that the surgery doesn’t fail the patient, the patient fails the surgery.

I have heard more positive stories than I have bad and I have noticed that the people that have had the WLS that didn’t succeed, thought that they didn’t have to change the way that they ate after surgery. One lady I talked to said the day that she went home from the hospital she ate a huge plate of Spaghetti and made her self sick. I am surprised that she didn’t end up back in the hospital.

I have a friend a work that had the surgery 26 years ago and she looks fabulous. She told me that in 26 years she gained 60 pounds back, she joined weight watchers and as lost every thing that she had gained.

My friend Jackie is 6 years out, and she has had two pregnancies since she had her surgery; and she is doing incredible. She looks so good and gives me encouragement; I know that I can do it. When I told her that my Doctor referred me to a surgeon and that I was really thinking about doing it; she had some of her friends email me and share their stories with me. I think that, that really helped me make my decision.

I have one of the best surgeons in Utah, Dr. Legrand Belnap; I have done a Google search on him, I have read and heard nothing but good things about him. I say is name and other Doctors sing his praise; I am glad that he is the surgeon that is going to do my surgery. He has an incredible staff as well, they are so friendly and I never feel stupid if I have to call up there to ask a stupid question. They are great; in fact I was so impressed with them that I referred my friend Tierra Lott to them for her surgery.

I guess that I couldn’t ask for more, I am in good hands. I feel confident about having the procedure, and the change that my life is going to be taking. I want to thank all of you for your support, and love it means the world too me!

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

I swear I wrote something on here I dont know what happened to it!