Monday, April 7, 2008

Random Thoughts…..

I have been thinking a lot the last week; and on top of trying to figure out I can and can’t eat with out getting sick I have been thinking about my friends. It is funny when certain things happen in your life you tend to learn who your real friends are.

I am that point right now; and it is a bit disheartening. I really miss my friends and was hoping to see them while I was convalescing but it didn’t happen. In fact I haven’t talked to some of them on weeks and I can’t get a hold of them. That is all right though because I have not only learned a lot about my self; but I have learned all about my friends as well.

It has just been hard because I was expecting to see certain of my friends after surgery and I am three weeks post off and I have not seen hid nor hear of them nor have I heard one single word from them. That is okay I am doing just fine with out any of them; I have seen Shandy and Stephanie since I came home and that was great. What more can I ask for?

I have had another bad day; I am having a hard time figuring out what I can and can’t eat. I am going to get it all worked out one of these days and then everything is going to be great. I have to tell you that I am looking forward to that day. I know that this is going to be a great thing, I just have to work through the first little bit of this diet and then things will get better. I know that they will.

I can’t complain because I feel better than I have felt in a long time, and that is saying a lot in its self. I FEEL GREAT!!!!!!! I can’t even beginning to imagine feeling any better than I do right at this moment. I can’t sit at work and sew and not limp all the way to the bathroom, I can walk with out being winded or out of breath. Those two things are great in and of them selves. I don’t think that I could ask for more.

Like I have discovered that I have made a lot of great friends over the last few months; and I am so grateful for all of them and what they have brought into my life. I know that every one come into your life for a reason; and that they bring something with them. I am so grateful for how rich my life is because of my friends; old and new and I am so grateful that they are all apart of my life. Thank you all for your continuing friendship and support; I appreciate everything that all of you have done. There is a song that every time I hear it, it makes me think of my friends. I am going to add the lyrics to the end of my blog. Thank you all!

Love
Ronda Gardner

“For Good” from the Broadway musical “Wicked”

(Elphaba) I'm limitedJust look at me
I'm limitedAnd just look at you
You can do all I couldn't do,
GlindaSo now it's up to you
For both of us - now it's up to you...

(Glinda) I've heard it said
That people come into our lives for a reason
Bringing something we must learn
And we are led
To those who help us most to grow
If we let themAnd we help them in return
Well, I don't know if I believe that's true
But I know I'm who I am today
Because I knew you

Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sun
Like a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you
I have been changed for good

(Elphaba) It well may be
That we will never meet again
In this lifetimeSo let me say before we part
So much of me Is made of what I learned from you
You'll be with me
Like a handprint on my heart

And now whatever way our stories end
I know you have re-written mine
By being my friend...

Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the seaLike a seed dropped by a sky bird
In a distant wood
Who can say if I've been changed for the better?
But because I knew you

(Glinda) Because I knew you

(Both) I have been changed for good

(Elphaba) And just to clear the air
I ask forgiveness
For the thing I've done you blame me for

(Glinda) But then, I guess we know
There's blame to share

(Both) And none of it seems to matter anymore

(Glinda) Like a comet pulled from orbit
As it passes a sunLike a stream that meets a boulder
Halfway through the wood

(Elphaba) Like a ship blown from its mooring
By a wind off the sea
Like a seed dropped by a bird in the wood

(Both) Who can say if I've been Changed for the better?
I do believe I have been
Changed for the better

(Glinda) And because I knew you...

(Elphaba) Because I knew you...

(Both) Because I knew you...
I have been changed for good.

2 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I hope your days will get better soon. I really liked the lyrics to that song. I think about some of the friends I have had and at the time I thought I would die if we didn't talk at least every hour and now I don't even talk to them but I am still grateful for them and know they were in my life for one reason or another. Keep up the great work :))

Deb Williams said...

I am so Glad you are doing well and you seem a lot happier this week! I hear on the the changes that you feel that you are thankful for! On my mission I got into a lot better shape! I loves how I felt and the things I could do! I am so excited for what you will be able to experiance and do when you loose the weight. you are going to have so much moe you will be able to accomplis that you never thought you could! It is so exciting!