Thursday, April 17, 2008

A Long Week…..

I started back to work fulltime this week and I am a little tiered. I have to admit that it isn’t as bad as I thought that it was going to be; every day it gets a little easier. I think that getting back into the swing of every day life and being more active and doing more is really helping me to feel better. I know that the nights of the week that I go and do water aerobics I am so tiered that I don’t want to go; but I get up and I go and I feel great after words and I am glad that I went.

I think that it may also be the way that I think about things some times; I try not to think about what needs to be done and just do them and it makes it easier. I know that I am starting to learn what I can and can’t eat and foods are getting a lot easier to deal with. I am also starting to add new foods so I am getting more of a variety and that is helping too. I know that last night I ate a little bit of Chili and some cheese for dinner, it tasted really well and I was afraid that I was going to get sick but once my stomach started to digest it and it was okay.

There are times that I wish that I was farther out than I am, I am craving fresh strawberry really bad. I want too eat one but I am afraid of what it would do too me. I know that I can’t add fresh fruits and vegetables for a while. I am almost five weeks out, in a week I will start Phase three and that is from week seven through life and I will be able to add more foods. I am really excited about being able to add peanut butter; I love it and have been craving really bad. I was bad the other day and had just a little bit of it and it tasted so good. It tasted better than anything else I have had since I started eating food; I have to have organic peanut butter but that is okay I love Organic P.B so I am okay with that.

I am looking forward to the near future and what it holds for me. I need to get my father to take some pictures of me so I can post the new ones on my blog. I think that I am starting too look good. My stomach is getting flatter and it is a good thing; can you say “Oh Happy Day” I love the changes that are happening to me, they are wonderful and I feel great. I feel like a new person; I can walk far and not get tired and I don’t hurt. Things are just getting so much better.

I am glad that I chose to have a Gastric bypass; it has given me back my life. It has been a great thing, a difficult experience but I have learned a lot. Thank you all for your love and support, I am grateful for the love and prayers that I have received. Thank you all for everything!

Ronda Gardner

3 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I was wondering why we hadn't heard from you for a couple days. Going back to work is a big step to returning to a normal life. YEAH!!!

Deb Williams said...

I agree with Mel you are doing awesome! I took your advixe of the almonds and went and bought some. is beef jerk a good idea? let me know some more protine tips if you have them!

Unknown said...

Ronda, I'm just full of glee & smiles right now. Hearing from you, knowing that you are doing better & finally really adjusting to this life change. Keep up the great work! Love You!