Friday, November 14, 2008

Furious Indignation's

OK I have some thing that I am going to rant about; I have to say this first, having a Gastric Bypass is a scary decision it is hard and difficult to do with out the support of loves ones and friends. When you do not have that love and support, it makes it even harder, having said that I am going to unburden my self.

I have a friend who just recently had a Gastric Bypass; while she was preparing for her surgery, she asked her mother to go to some of her appointments with her and she would not. She acted as if she could not be bother; but while she was trying to loose the weight required of her before Dr. Belnap would operate her mother gave her nothing but grief. She was always telling her that she should be doing this instead of what Belnap wanted her to do. Then when she went up to weigh she would get mad at her if she did not loose what her mother thought that she should loose.

Well it got really ugly I am not going to go into to all of it for my friends sake and if her mother happens to read this I don’t want her to know that I know as much as I do. When she asked her mother to help her to be there for support her mother told her that she was not going to hold her hand; that she decided to do this and she was on her own. Well now that she has had surgery her mother is acting like the food police; my friend feels as if she is going to loose her mind. She showed up at my house the other night in tears because of something a close friend of hers said to her father, and the reaction that her father had because of it.

This is what makes me mad; they are using this to bully her! They are being mean to her thinking it is going to help her get to where she needs to be. They do not understand anything that she is going through because THEY refused to go to any appointments and meet with Dr. Belnap until the very end. I wish that there were more that I could do for her; I have stepped up to the plate and been for her what her mother should have been. I have started to feel very maternal towards her because she needs more than she is getting.

So this is what I want to say, if you are thinking about having a gastric bypass or some one that you are close to is having one, try to learn as much as you can about what they are going to be going through so that you are able to help them. This is hard and they are going to need some one to be there to help them through the bad days. I know that I cried a lot right after I had surgery and it was hard for me. If I couldn’t eat my family didn’t get mad at me, if I got sick from something they didn’t give me the third degree and ask me what I ate. They understood that my body was not going to be able to tolerate everything that I ate; they were loving and supportive and that was all I needed.

I know that this is the hardest way that I have ever lost weight but I feel great and I am so glad that I did it; I would not go back and change any thing for the world. I want to thank all of the wonderful people who have posted on my blog, the love, support has really helped me, and I appreciate it so much. Much love to all of you and I wish you all luck in whatever journey that you are on!

No comments: