Sunday, September 21, 2008

What a Relief.....

I have been under a great deal of stress of the last couple of months; and I finally hit my first plateau. Mind you I wasn't really stressed out about it; I know that they are normal during any weight loss, but let me tell you that they are not fun. I went back to the basics, concentrating on getting in enough proteins and not getting too many carbohydrates; even though I only eat complex carbohydrates I get sick if I eat too many. Well after playing with the same six pounds for a month I got on the scale this weekend and I am down nine pounds, which puts me a two hundred and seventy nine pounds.

I am twenty seven weeks out from surgery and I am doing great, I have to be honest with you; I DID NOT THINK THAT I WOULD LOOSE THIS MUCH MY FIRST YEAR!!!!! I have a little over a hundred pounds left too loose and I am hoping to get as much of it off as possible. I love the new person that I am; I love the way that people look at me now, they look at me with pride and awe and it is an amazing feeling.

This was one of the hardest decisions that I have ever made and I did not enter into it lightly; but I am glad that I had the surgery and that I chose to go to Dr. Belnap, he has given me a new lease on life and I am loving it. I am so grateful for the life that I am able to lead now; it wouldn't have been possible if I wouldn't have had a gastric bypass.

I am having a little bit of a problem but it isn't anything serious. My good cholesterol, is a little low but the doctor has put me on Niacin and has added whole grains to my diet. He also told me that exercise will help raise it back up as well. I've been a little light headed and dizzy lately and I am not sure why, I have a doctors appointment tomorrow to talk to him about all that. I also have an appointment on the twenty forth of next month to have complete blood work done again to check my cholesterol and everything.

I see my surgery Saturday for my six month check up and I am excited to see him and talk to him. His staff is always telling me that I am there Star Patient and that they are so proud of me. I have been wanting this all my life and this is my one chance to take control of my life and take it back, and actually start to live!

I want to thank all of you for the hundredth time for all the love and support that you have shown me; this has been a hard and difficult road that I am on and it helps a lot to have such wonderful friends and family behind me. You give me strength to face each new challenge and your love keeps me standing tall.

I love you all!

2 comments:

jimpurdy1943@yahoo.com said...

You said:
" I went back to the basics, concentrating on getting in enough proteins and not getting too many carbohydrates; "

The low-carb diet is what works best for me, too. Best wishes to you.

Deb Williams said...

you are doing great! I dont know that i could do what you have done. sence you have had the surgery I have thought about it al lot. I mean Ihave to woner if I could do all tha you have done! I would have to say NO! I am not sure that I could do the surgery. I am not sure if I could push that hard to loose the 40 lbs before on such a strict diest. I am not sure that I could be that strong...At least not yet. I am however from your strength taking a big look at my eating habits...and lack of eating all together and I Know that I have to do somthing. I have started to work out and I feel better...but if i dont start to hae an intake my body will stay in starvation mode FOREVER and I will end up the size of a house. I need to slow my sugar in take a bit too. I think I have gotten to use to eating late night "snacks". not the healthiest! I am trying to drink water now instead and for the most part it is working it quenches and makes me feel satisfied. Before having kids I never did eat sugar at night. now backed goods are my down fall! I dont really drink soda much unless we go out...and we don''d do that much it cast to much and is a waiste of money! so there you have it! so tell me words of wisedom oh godess of weightlessness! LOL! Love ytou keep up the Aweesome work!!!