Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Recognition....

I’m not sure if I have talked about this before; but I have been thinking about it a lot lately and I want to get it off of my chest.

I’ve noticed lately that when I go to the store or to a restaurant or a little shop, that men are starting to notice me! Now the thing about this that bothers me is that I am still fat in my mind and eyes; and men didn’t notice me six months ago but they do now? I find this odd, I feel like I am the same person today that I was back in March; but because I am A LOT smaller than I was then I am a person now, a human being who deserves to be looked at and noticed?

I don’t now maybe I am being over sensitive about everything; but I can tell you that I am so very happy that I found my husband before I lost my weight and that he fell in love with me when I was that other women. I know that he loves me for me and not the body that I am going to have. I think that if I was still single I wouldn’t date any one that I knew before the change.

I know that I have changed a lot more that has to do with more weight, I am more self confident than I was before the life changing surgery. I walk with my head held higher than ever before, and there is a new bounce in my step. I feel beautiful and sexy (even though I still feel fat)

I do like the way some men/people look at me; in an admiring way, I can not believe that this is the same person that I used to know. I guess that it bothers me and it doesn’t, it depends on whom and where we are. I really wish that people who just look at people who are different than them and take the chance to get to know them; instead of judging the book by its cover.

I could go on about this forever but I won’t; I want to hear what all of you to have to say about this. Thank you for the love and support.

2 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I think it is sad but it is definetly the way the world works. I remember when Rick cut his long hair and told me he was amazed at how well people treated him. It is silly. You loose weight or get a haircut or change in the way the world thinks you should be and all of the sudden your acceptable. It is just plain STUPID. I hope one day the world can just look at a person for who they are and love them unconditionally.

Deb Williams said...

All that matters is how you feel about you!