Friday, July 4, 2008

Independence Day July 4, 2008


I got up this morning and got ready to go to the parade; It made me kind of sad to see how much emphasis that America puts on beauty and perfection. It seemed like there were as many if not more royal floats as there was military or patriotic themes.

It never fails to bring me to tears when I see the brave men and women who protect our country; I have nothing but the utmost respect for them. They do some thing that I my self could never do. This country has grown so much over the years to attain the freedoms that we have. So much blood has been shed for freedom; in this country and in others.

I am proud to be an American; to stand up and salute our flag brings tears to my eyes. We have so much and yet we aren’t content with our lot in life; it could be so much worse than it is. We could live in a country like china that is still communist! I am proud to be American I bleed Red, White and Blue!

Today as I watched our armed forces walking through the parade; and the brave men and women who protect our streets it got me to thinking. I started feeling like I need to do more with my life. I don’t feel like my life is worth much, I don’t do any thing to enrich some one else’s life, or to help lift some one up and to make there burdens lighter. I am going to really think about what it is that I can do to make this world a better place, I feel like I need to more.

There was a military truck carrying one of the survivors of Pearl Harbor, the man must have been in his nineties, but man to think that some one from that generations is still alive to day his an amazing thought. I know that they said that there aren’t many survivors of Pearl Harbor still alive; I thought that was cool.

Well I will stop rambling; I just wanted to share the thoughts of the day with all of you. I love you all and I am glad that you are all a part of my life. You have been great; thanks for the support. Happy Fourth of July!

4 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I am the same way when I see soldiers or anything patriotic. I even got choked up reading your blog.

TetVet1968 said...

America's oldest living Medal of Honor recipient, living his 99th year is former enlisted Aviation Chief Ordnanceman (ACOM), later wartime commissioned Lieutenant John W. Finn, USN (Ret.). He is also the last surviving Medal of Honor, "The Day of Infamy", Japanese Attack on the Hawaiian Islands, Naval Air Station, Kaneohe Bay, Oahu, Territory of Hawaii, 7 December 1941.

View my photo album tribute:
http://news.webshots.com/album/141695570BONFYl

Deb Williams said...

Grandpa ivie was a part of pearl harbor...he was in his 80's

carolm said...

ronda, great blog and tribute. it is very moving.

cheers ~ carol. (udi)