Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Changes….

Gastric bypass surgery has really changed my life in more ways than I think that people can comprehend. There are days that I have a hard time comprehending the changes that my body is going through. It is absolutely mind blowing to see the way that I have changed and the way that it has affected my life. I have lost one hundred and twenty six pounds and I feel like a new women. I think that the greatest feeling is to see the reactions of friends that I haven’t see in a long time; some of them haven’t recognized me and it feels great.

I know that months ago that I said that I couldn’t wait too see what I was going to look like when I lost weight; well for those of you who know my family I look my momma! It makes me happy because I think that she is a beautiful women; I was told by Vikki from my surgeon’s office that a lot of the time when you loose weight you age slightly. Well thank goodness I have not had that problem! The fact that my hair is falling out is a little disconcerting but I know that it will grow back in. It is an affect from surgery that I can deal with!

Last week I went in for my Physical because it has been a while and I am supposed to go on birth control it isn’t really safe for me to have a baby right at the moment. Well it’s not really unsafe but I don’t get enough nutrition for my self right now; and I would really like to loose as much weight at possible before I go having a baby. In fact Dr. Belnap suggests that you have the children you want before you have weight loss surgery, but there is no way that I could imagine having a baby at four hundred and seventeen pounds.

Well I was generally healthy before surgery cholesterol, sugar and everything was perfect. The doctor’s office called me today and everything is even better than it was before. The only thing that wasn’t good was my “good cholesterol” is a little low, but because my bad cholesterol is also low they aren’t worried about it, it will be okay! All my vitamin levels are good so I am doing great; and I feel BLOODY wonderful!

I want to thank all of you for the love and support that you all show me; it has really helped a lot! I love you all God Bless!

Ciao

1 comment:

Deb Williams said...

Sounds like you are doing Awesome...I miss you on the fit blog! I want to see pics... You skinny butt! How is Jackie I have been worried about her! I hope all is well I have been keeping her in my thoughts!