Friday, June 20, 2008

What a Week….

This was one of those weeks when I wish that I hadn’t had surgery. I got a migraine headache Tuesday at work and I really thought that I was going to die; I was in so much pain, I was light headed and I threw up three times. Every time I stood up I thought that I was going to pass out. I figured that I would get up the next morning and would feel better, No I wasn’t that lucky. I called Dr. Belnap’s office and asked Vikki what I should do or what I could take and she suggested that I called my family doctor and ask him if he would call me in a prescription of a Migraine medication. Well I did and all he would give me was Loretab; I wasn’t very happy about it but I went and picked it up and took one last night. I woke up with a bit of a headache still and my eyes hurt; but the longer the day went on the better it felt, thank goodness that it is gone.

Well, I should probably not get to excited about the headache being gone because it could come back when I least expect it.

I am going to go off a tangent about Wal-Mart for a minute; can I tell you that I can not stand that store! I don’t care how cheap they are I would not shop there if it weren’t for Mark. They are cheap and he thinks that we should save a penny or so on something rather than go to another store and spend more than is needed. I agree I am all for saving a buck because eating healthy isn’t cheap; granted I save more going to Wal-Mart than going any where else, even on prescriptions.

This is what I want to talk about; my doctor called my prescription in yesterday morning at nine O’clock, when I got there to pick it up at three thirty they hadn’t even filled it yet. To say the least I was mad, not only did I not feel good I was nauseated and I thought that I was going to pass out. They told me twenty minutes; well twenty five minutes later I went back over to pick it up, they still hadn’t filled! Needless to say at this point I was beyond mad; and I stood there and didn’t say anything to the lady working the counter because if I would have it would have been nasty and then they would have asked me not to come back to there pharmacy. I finally got it and headed for home; so you could say that this has not been a good week I am glad that it is over.

I will get up and weigh in the morning and have my mom take my measurements and let all of you know how it is going. Thank you all for the love and support, it means a lot to me!

Ciao!

3 comments:

Chelsea + Brandon said...

I hate Walmart too! But for some reason I keep going there... :(
I'm sorry about your migraine. I got one while I was in Germany. Luckily the lady we were staying with is a Doctor and she got me some awesome meds that they don't sell in the US. It took it away so quickly!
If you ever need me to picky a med for you or just help out if you're feeling bad, let me know. I'm more than happy to help you out!
Love you!

Chelsea + Brandon said...

**PICK UP a med for you

that's what I was trying to say :)

Deb Williams said...

There are some walmarts I wont go in! some here are really dirty and gross. but there are the good one here too. We tend to bye what food we can get here at walmart. it is the cheapest that and food is good. we have one here we call the ghetto store and we avoid it at all cost! I like walmart. because it make survive life affordable!