Sunday, June 29, 2008

Three Month Check up…..

I was really nervous last week about having to go up and see Dr. Belnap; I don’t know why I was nervous but I was. Well I was a little nervous because I thought that wasn’t doing good enough and that he was going to be disappointed in me. They kept telling me that I was going to be one of his Success stories; but for some reason I was just thinking that I wasn’t doing very good.

Well I got up there last night and I sat and waited for two and a half hours before I got to see him; but he was very happy with how well I was doing. He wants me to up my work out a little bit; but other than that I am doing good. He seemed to be very happy that I had lost one hundred and twelve pounds. I have to call and make an appointment for my sixth month on Monday.

I am excited that I am doing so well and that I am doing as good as I am doing. I told him that I lifted weights on Friday and that my arms are killing me; he told me that I am not to lift weights! He wants to me focus on cardiovascular; he wants my heart rate over one hundred and forty, because the higher your heart rate the better the work out, the more you are going to loose. So this next week at the gym I am going to work on my Cardio workout. I know that the weeks that I work out harder, I loose more weight.

I just need to find my balance and go with it. I need to do what works for me; They keep telling me that you need to change your work out for it too work. Well last night Belnap told me that if I like riding the bike to stick to it. To do what I like to do that it will help me want to work out. But on Friday I walked on the Treadmill and I only rode it for ten minutes but it went really fast.

I sit and think about my life now and the changes that have occurred and I am really happy with the decision that I made to have a gastric bypass. I never thought that I would ever be skinny and I am so excited I can’t wait until I am skinny. I deserve to be skinny, life has been hard and I have gone through a lot. People are never happy with your appearance, if you are too fat or too skinny; if you are pretty or ugly; it doesn’t matter you are ridiculed and put down for who and what you are. I have learned that all that matters is how you feel about and see your self. That is all that is important; nothing anybody else says or things matters.

If I listened to what other people thought and said, I would not have had my surgery and I wouldn’t be were I am today. In fact I would hate to see where I would be. I know that I was healthy but with my weight what it, it wasn’t going to stay that way for ever. All I know is that I have been given a second chance at life and I am really enjoying it.

I am grateful that I have such wonderful friends and family that are really supportive; It has made things a lot easier for me. I hope that if there is any thing that I can do to help you with your weight loss questions don’t be afraid to ask. I don’t know a whole lot but I am learning and I will pass any information I get on too all of you in the hopes that it will help. I know that not every ones needs too loose weight but it never hurts to watch what we eat and try to be a little healthier. You are all great and I love you all, good luck in all your endeavors and I look forward to hearing how you are all doing.

Ciao

No comments: