Saturday, June 7, 2008

The Century Club…

I have hit my biggest land mark to date! I got up this morning and was actually excited about getting on the scale and weighing; last week I had lost ninety nine point six pounds I was very frustrated because I was so close to one hundred pounds. Well I have finally hit it I got on the scale this morning and was down six pounds; so that makes a total of one hundred and five pounds. (The weight loss tracker on the bottom is off because I forgot to add a pound to it one week)

It is such a good feeling to have lost that much weight; I never thought that I could do it, it is amazing. I am so grateful that I chose to have a Gastric Bypass; I feel like I have been given my life back and it is the best feeling in the world. I only have one hundred and thirty pounds before I hit my goal weight and that is also a great feeling.

For so many years I thought that being over weight was going to be my fate; I didn’t think that I was ever going to be able to loose my weight. I thought that I would die some day like my grandmother; I know with all my heart that this is not the life that she would want for me. I want her to always be proud of me and making this decision was very hard for me. I knew that I wanted to do it but it was such an important life changing decision that I wanted to make sure that I was doing the right thing. I also knew that what ever I decided she was supportive and happy for me.

I will never be able to find the right words to thank Dr. Belnap for everything that he has done for me. For the new chance at life that he has helped me to achieve; he is one of the most loving and compassionate men that I have ever met and I am so glad that he is the one that performed my procedure.

There have already been so many changes in my life; I feel better about my self, I like to look and dress my best. I like to feel pretty, I feel good about myself and I want people to see that and see me for the person that I am. I also love to go and do things now days; I love being out in the sun, I love the feel of the sun on my skin and I love the feel of the spring heat. I think that I may like the heat because I am always cold these days; and the heat is not as unbearable as it was one hundred and five pounds ago.

I want to thank you all again for the love and support that all of you have given me. It means a lot to me and I appreciate it so much. Thank you from the bottom of my heart; this is an amazing journey and I am glad that I have so many wonderful and support friends and family. You are all the greatest!

3 comments:

my--four--sons said...

WOOOHOOO!!! Wow a hundred and five pounds that is so awesome. Keep it up girlie.

Deb Williams said...

WOOOOOOHOOOOOHOOOOO super model documentry hour!!!! sorry I am quoting super star! you so totally ROck DuDe!!!! I am so proud of you. you have worked so hard and been doing so great...I do say how ever it is time for more pics!!!

Unknown said...

Oh yeah! Ronda, I am so PROUD of YOU! -105lbs ... YOU GO GIRL! I promise you there is MORE to come! Keep up the awesome losing! Only 37 days until me & my family leave MI to see all of my family (yours) in Utah! Love you sweetie!