Sunday, January 27, 2008

Missing Paper Work and Nightmares

I turned my paper work into the Dr. office back in October, I was planning on having surgery before or just after Thanksgiving. Well a month went by and I hadn't heard anything so I started making phone calls. Well it turned out that Kay the Bypass Coordinator had been sick and out of the office for a month and she had just gotten around to my paper work.

she called me to let me know that she couldn't find the 6 months supervised diet with my doctor and that I needed that before she could turn my paper work into the insurance company. The thing is, is that I have been on a diet since I started seeing Dr. Woodmansee and so it was all documented through out my medical records. I told her that I would call the Dr. and see what he thought. He decided that he would just write them a letter explaining everything to them, but that took a good month; so here comes Christmas and I am still working on paper work.

I finally got the letter from the Dr. office on 27Th of December faxed it too Kay from my Chiropractors offices and she was going to fax it too the insurance company that day. Well I waited until the 2ND of January to call DMBA and see what the status was on my paperwork. They told me that they had received it on the 31st and that Louise and gone through it and that everything good really good they were just waiting for Chris to go through it and approve it.

So a couple of days went past, she had told me that I would know by the following Monday whether or not I was approved. Well Thursday came around and I still hadn't heard anything so I called her again; and low and behold with in the span of a week they had lost my paper work. This is where things get worse.

I call the surgeons office to see if Kay didn't mind faxing it back over to them and found out that Kay had quite. I was also told that they didn't have time to go through the Gastric Bypass patient files and that I was going to have to be patient with them that they would get to it when could. I call the insurance company back and explained everything to them; they called the Surgeons office and with in the hour they had my paper work in hand.

So after getting all of that taken care of it was donw hill from there, I knew that I had everything that I needed plus some. Well I called Louise on Thursday the 17Th to ask her a question and she informed me that they were missing my thyroid test results; so I called my Dr. office asked them about it and got it faxed over to them the following morning and that same after noon was approved.

It was a rough road to get here but now that I am here it is just as rough, if not a little harder. I am excited about my choice to have Gastric Bypass surgery and can't wait to start loosing major weight. I will try to post pictures on here so that all of you out of state can see the changes that take place.

Thank you all for your support.
Ronda

No comments: