Saturday, January 26, 2008

The End of a Long Journey

Last year about this time I went to the Dr. because of my knee; it was really bothering me. So they tested me for rheumatoid arthritis, but it came back that I don't have it which is really a very good thing; but I do have Osteoarthritis.

Well, while I was in there the nurse practitioner was the one that was treating me, and I noticed that he looked really good; he had lost a lot of weight. So I sad something about it; he told me that he had had a Gastric Bypass and it was the best thing that he had ever done for him self. We talked about my weight history and that I had been put on my first diet at the age of five by my family Doctor in Texas. He then told me that he was going to refere me up to Dr. Le grand Belnap for a consultation.

Well it took me a couple of months of pondering and prayer before I made the decision to call and make an appointment.

I went up for my consultation in March and it has been one doctors appointment after another. The one good thing about this process is that I know everything that is and isn't wrong with me.

It has been ten months since I started this process and I am finally done. The Surgeons office called me last Friday, the 18Th and told me I was approved for surgery. I made an appointment to have surgery on the 23rd and went up for my pre-op on the 19Th. Because I had gained 7 pounds Dr. Belnap told me that he wanted me too loose 40 pounds instead of 20.

It just helps make it easier for me to recover and for the surgeon to get in there and do the procedure. So I am now on a high protein low carb diet; it is very difficult but I hold on. It has been a week since I started and it has been really rough, I am very tired and worn out, I get really light headed and dizzy and nauseated and I have had a couple of emotional break downs, I have shed a few tears the past couple of days; but I am very proud of my self I have proved to my self that I am stronger than my temptations. I am hoping to loose the 40 ponds fast so I can have surgery as soon as possible.

I am ready to start this new journey, I guess in a way that I already have! I am working towards the greater goal! The surgery that is going to change my life; and I am glad that I have so many support friends to help cheer me on!

I love you all so much and appreciate all the love and support and prayers that all of you send my way!

No comments: