Friday, January 2, 2009

New Beginnings and New Years Resolutions

I do not really believe in making new years resolutions; No one ever completes them or does what they say that they are going to do. Therefore, my thinking is why bother! I do like to set goals for my self-things that I would like to see my self-do. Things that will help me become a better person or just goals to read so many books or simple-minded things like that.

I am excited to see what the New Year has in store for Mark, I, and our marriage. There are things that I do want to accomplish and goals that I have set for my self; I want to loose the last eighty pounds that I have left too loose. I know that I have said this before; but after having the last week and a half off from work, I have played and toyed with my diet to see what it is that is making me sick. I have narrowed it done and it comes down to this; sugar, greasy foods, milk, and carbohydrates make me REALLY sick. So this is what I have decided, I am going back to the basics I am going to follow the diet that I was first on right after surgery. I am going to start doing palates four times a week; and really try to focus on getting more water into my system every day. I cannot believe how sick you get when you are not drinking enough water.

There is one thing that I am worried about; I have had several positive H Pillory test and I have learned that since I had my bypass that patients that suffer from that are at high risk for stomach cancer. Therefore, my question is, if I were to develop stomach cancer would they find it. The majority of my stomach is no longer hooked up to anything. It is just hanging out in my abdomen; so will the doctors notice it through blood test or some thing if I were to get it. However, I am not concerned about it that I am obsessing over it; it is just something that I have thought about it a couple times since I heard it on the news!

There is one New Years resolution that I am making for my self; and every one might think that it is funny but it is something that I want to do. I want to read 200 books this year! I work in production and I sit and listen to music or books all day so that is what I am working towards this year. I think that I can do it between reading at home and listening to books at work. I am also going to discover new authors and classic literature; and Great America Novels. I love reading and wait to see what I can discover.

Well I am done rambling for now; I am off to the store and to get some stuff done. I love you all and appreciate the love and support that all of you have shown me you have helped to make my journey and transition easier.

Much Love!

No comments: