Wednesday, December 24, 2008

The Ultimate Christmas Gift

As I sit and wonder, I ponder on my life
I think about my savior and his birth on that silent night.
A little infant in swaddling clothes a sleep in a manger bed;
For you this day a child is born, the herald angles said.

The Shepard’s left there flocks, to come bow on bended knee
Three wise men came from a far, to worship the new born king.
Oh what a holy night for the birth of our savior and king;
What a precious gift of love, and sacrifice this sweet child would bring.

If I could stand in front on him, what would my reaction be?
Would I fall to my knees, shed tears of love at his feet?
The love that the savior has for me, I can not comprehend;
When I was in darkness he’s right there holding my hand.

Every year at Christmas time I am filled with the saviors love;
I ask my self if it was me, could I make the ultimate sacrifice of love.
I wish that I could give all of you, something as special and rare as this;
The love the savior has for us, the ultimate Christmas gift.

So this is what I am going to give you, I am going to remind you of his love;
Not only the love of our savior, but our heavenly father above.

John 3:16
For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten son,
That who so ever believeth in him, should not perish,
But have ever lasting life.

So this Christmas morning, when you’re opening your Christmas gifts;
Remember to think of our savior and the atonement
THE ULTIMATE CHRISTMAS GIFT!

Ronda Gardner
12/19/2006

No comments: