Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trials....

I have a large central disc herniation. L5-S1 which is extending 7 mm beyond the extended disk margin. Central disc herniation L2-L3 a left central T12-L1 disc herniation and central disc bulge at T11-T12 there is also a narrowing of the AP diameter ...of the spinal canal at L2-L3, I am not nearly in as much pain as you might think.

I know that this isn't going to effect my weight loss, I actually think that it might help kick it back into gear. I haven't start physical therapy for it just yet; I start on Wednesday but our safety guy
Bill from work has told me that I need to walk. He showed me some stretches that he does for him back. So walking is what I am going to do, Walking is one of the things that doesn't hurt if you can believe it. Sitting is horrific because my legs go numb and tingle; in fact I have started getting the most horrible cramps and pains in my legs and I think that it is from my back.

I am not going to let this get me down; I am strong and can face anything put in front of me. I know that loosing some more weight will help with my back, that is a priority for me I am trying to decide how I am going to do it. I think that I am going to go back on the diet that Dr. Belnap put me on before surgery. Carbohydrates make me sick when I eat them so it wont be difficult for me too do. All I know is that I don't want to have to have back surgery and I will do what ever I have to do to prevent it.

Dr. Hardy is referring me to Dr. Lincoln Clifford; I am happy about that because I have known him for eleven years and he is a very good friend of mine and I trust him with my life. I know that he will do what is best for me, I know that eventually we can get this problem taken care of. My left shoulder is finally healed after all these years, I didn't even realize it until I went into see him for my neck strain. We had made a lot of adjustments to my work are and how I was sitting at my machine and between that and seeing him, the tendon in my shoulder healed. There are days that it aches a little bit; but it is wonderful to be pain free.

It's funny because since I started loosing weight I have been wonder what my trial is going to be, and I think that I have figured it out. I will keep every one updated on what is going on and how I am doing.
I love you all and appreciate all the love and support. I am hoping that this is going to get me blocking regularly as well.


No comments: