Tuesday, September 8, 2009

In Loving Memory, Jacquelyn Renee Hutchison 10/27/72 - 7/19/09


This is the story of two young girls who met through the New Kids on The Block fan club, we hit it off very fast and soon became the best of friends. She was the greatest friend that I have ever had; she was my rock and my foundation. She was my confidant and the shoulder that I would cry on, we shared the joys and heartaches that this life gives. It seems like we have been through it all together.

Even though through the years we had times when we would drift apart, that strong bond that we had was always there. I knew if I need to talk to her that she would be there for me and vice versa. I remember after the death of her son Devon we talked for hours on end for days on end; there isn’t any thing that I would not have done to take away her pain.

A little over ago she brought her family out here so that I could meet them and vise versa. She had been married for eleven years, she has three beautiful little girls that miss there mommy very much, and my heart goes out to here husband who has had a rough road over the last four years dealing with her medical problems. When she had their youngest daughter Emma jo they damaged her back when they gave her the epidural, and that was the beginning of the end of Jackie’s life.

Last summer when she was here I knew that we would have Jackie with us for more than a year. While she was here she ended up in the hospital with a major bowl obstruction that nearly killed her. That was very difficult for me to deal with when I was alone with my husband I would cry for hours, I was afraid that I was going to loose her then and I felt like it was my fault because she had come out here to see me. It was a blessing that she was here because she was at one of the best hospitals and had one of the best surgeons in Utah.

There are so many things that I wish that I could go back and change; I would have worked harder to make our friendship better, I wouldn’t have let what she said affect me and I would have let it go for what it was. I love her and miss her very much and it is very hard for me because we weren't very close friends at the time of her death and there are things between us left unsaid and unfinished. It is also hard to find out about this after the fact, and finding out about it on the New kids on The Blocks website. The tribute was beautiful and I am happy that Donnie shared his memories of Jackie with the fans. He described the Jackie that I met nineteen years ago, she was a beautiful confidante and strong women, but the circumstances of her life and her health problems are more than any one person can handle. She did a good job facing them with courage and doing every thing that she could to live a full and normal life, so that she could be a mother to her children and a good wife to her husband.

Jackie touched the life of every one that she met whether it was for good or bad, she made an impact. I hope that every one that knew her will say a pray for her mother and father, her husband and the three little girls that she left behind; that they will find peace if mind and heart.

So here is where our story ends, it ended and began with the New Kids on The Block. I met the Best Friend that I will ever have through them and learned that she left this mortal life through their website. I have so much to thank them for and hope that some day I will get the chance to do it in person. I love Jackie and will always miss her, my heart is broken and I am sure that with time that it is going to heal; until then I will hold my memories of her close to my heart, and wait for the day that we are reunited again.

July 20th, 2009

THE NEW KIDS ON THE BLOCK ARE DEEPLY SADDENED TO LEARN OF THE PASSING AWAY OF JACKIE HUTCHISON THE DAY AFTER THEY COMPLETED THEIR FULL SERVICE SUMMER TOUR. AS THEY UNDERSTAND THE CURRENT INFO AVAILABLE TO THEM, SHE BATTLED SEVERAL SERIOUS MEDICAL ISSUES THROUGHOUT HER LIFE. SHE WAS ABLE TO ATTEND MANY CONCERTS AND NKOTB EVENTS OVER THE LAST SEVERAL TOURS INCLUDING THE FINAL SHOW OF THE TOUR IN HOUSTON. SHE IS A TRUE NKOTB FAN AND HER LOVE AND SUPPORT WAS APPRECIATED AND WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN. THE BAND WOULD LIKE TO SEND THEIR DEEPEST SYMPATHIES TO JACKIE’S HUSBAND JOE HUTCHISON AND THEIR CHILDREN. GOD BLESS.

A NOTE FROM DONNIE –

“I will remember Jackie as a lovely woman who was always smiling and full of so much love. Jackie was one of those very special fans whose enthusiasm, despite whatever suffering she may have been going through, always seemed to inspire me to give just a little bit more. In all of the many times I was lucky enough to meet her- Jackie’s joy and loving spirit always shined through… I will miss her”

Jackie and Donnie @ Hush, Houston, TX 7/18/09

Jackie and Donnie @ Hush, Houston, TX 7/18/09

From L-R, Jacquelyn is on Donnie’s left


2 comments:

Chelsea + Brandon said...

I'm so sorry Ronda! Looks like Jackie had a great life! And a great friend during that life. Love you!

Ronda Gardner said...

Thank you, I never realized how hard it would be to loose a friend. I don't want to loose another one for a very long time! Love you we need to hang out soon!