Friday, August 29, 2008

The Road Traveled......

I know that I started this blog to track my journey through weight loss; it has been an amazing experience and it makes me feel great to think that people look at me in a different light. They actually view me as a person and it is wonderful; I am in no way skinny but the weight that I am at I carry well. I look smaller than I am right now I weigh 286 pounds and I feel great, physically, mentally, and emotionally. This is the best gift I could have given to my self.


There is one thing that I have started to notice that kind of bothers me; I know that it is probably the truth (if that is how you want to look at it) or just the way that people have viewed me through the years. People have been telling me that I am actually pretty now; that I am amazing out side now. I am not sure how to take it; I know that it isn’t being said to be hurtful and I am trying to not take it personally, but it is hard I never thought that I was beautiful but I didn’t think that I was ugly either. I know that everyone has the right to there opinion and I respect that.


Well enough with that; I hope that people learn something about weight loss and healthy living from my blog. I know that eating and living healthy is hard; I’ve fought my whole life to loose weight so that I could be healthy. There are so many people who struggle with there weight; I want to tell everyone that there is an answer to your problem and I know that it isn’t right for every one, but I testify to you that it works. It took me six years before I decided to do it.


People tell me that I took the easy way out and I will tell all of you right now that this is the hardest diet I have ever been on; but I would not go back and redo it. I have learned so much from having a Gastric Bypass; moderation in all things is so important. You need carbohydrates, sugars, and fats, but you don’t need as many as people eat. I have also learned that if I do not drink enough water I get so sick that it isn’t funny; I can’t tolerate sugar or milk so I drink Soy milk and leave sugar alone.



I want all of you to know that all the love and support and encouraging words mean so much to me. They have really helped me get through the rough patches and they have helped me keep keeping on. Thank you, I love you all! God Bless


Ciao

No comments: