Thursday, August 21, 2008

Changes.....


This was me on The 19th of January; I can't believe this women used to be me. This was one hundred and thirty four pounds ago. Is has been such and incredible journey and I am glad that I mad the choice to have a Gastric Bypass; and I am glad that I chose Dr. Belnap as my surgeon, I could not have asked for a more compassionate, caring and loving man. I was very confidant in his ability's; I tell any one that he was the one that performed my procedure all I hear are glowing comments about him.

When I went up on the 18th of January for my pre-operative appointment I had gained seven pounds since my consultation;Vikki his office manager told me not to be surprised if he told me that I needed to loose forty pounds before I could have surgery. Well he did, but he also explained to me that it was for my safety; that it would make it easier for him to get in there and do what he has to do and it would make it safer for me as well. I would be lying if I didn't say that I wasn't a little disappointed when I left; but I wasn't upset I decided that I was going to go on the diet he put me on and I was going to do the best that I could. I knew that the faster I lost my weight the faster I would have surgery.

The diet was not in any way easy, it was the hardest diet I have ever been on; but I lost forty two pounds in seven weeks and the last week was the worst. I did the following; 100 grams of protein, 20 grams of carbohydrates, no sugar, no bread, pasta, rice, or potato's and I cut all carbonated beverages. I thought that the hardest thing to give up was going chocolate and it wasn't and I don't miss it at all.


This is me now, two hundred and eighty six pounds and I feel great. I've lost one hundred and thirty four pounds (a normal sized person) and it is the most incredible feeling. I can't find the words to describe how I feel with out using a curse word. So I will say it this way "I feel Bloody Great!"

I look at the pictures of me before surgery and I can't believe its me. That women is dead; I will never forget her and the things that she went through, and the lessons that she learned. I respect her but I don't ever want to see her in the mirror again. I love the person that I am now and I will never look back! I owe so much to Dr. Belnap and his staff they have been so supportive and have helped me more that I think that they will know I love all of them. I hope to some day be able to thank them enough for everything that they have done for me; March forth was the first day of the rest of my life!

Thank you for the love and support that all of you have shown me, it means the world to me I love you all. God Bless you all!

ciao

2 comments:

Glenda, saved by grace said...

Ronda, I stumbled upon your blog and I just had to leave a comment to tell you how beautiful you are. I'm sure you've always been beautiful on the inside, but the outside matches now!
Congratulations!
~Glenda

Deb Williams said...

Oh you were always a hot sexy mama!!! But I have to say seeing you this weekend you were an inspiration!!!