Saturday, February 20, 2010

The Mortal Instrument Series by Cassandra Clare

For any of you who like to read Teen Lit, you must read the mortal instruments by Cassandra Clare. Every time I would go to a store that sold books, the books all jumped out at me. I had thought about reading them for a while but didn't know if I really wanted to.

I read the Twilight Saga and it was good, good story good characters and I know that this is going to get me into trouble but it was not well written. Stephenie Meyer tells a good story but she is not a brilliant writer. Then I decided to give the Vampire Diaries ago, the books were well written but so terrible slow I had a hard time getting into give and gave up for a while. I will finish the books, I just had no reason to keep going.

I finally decided to give the Mortal Instruments a chance and I have to tell you that I LOVE THEM! They were so good, Cassandra Clare is not only a good writer but she tells an intriguing story as well. These books are kind of like Harry Potter meets Twilight, you have the NEPHILIM, Werewolves, Vampires, Warlocks and Demons of all kinds. The books are exciting and action packed from the first page. You even have your fair share of an incredible romance.



Here is a link to her website and the series, it will give you a lot more on the books, I don't to ruin any thing for any one who wants to read them.

http://www.mortalinstruments.com/mortalseries.html

No comments: