Sunday, October 19, 2008

Beautiful.....

This song is by Christina Aguilera, I have always loved the meaning behind this song; and there have been many times that I have been brought to tears by the thoughts that the lyrics invoke in me.
It’s such a shame that a world that is so diverse can’t be more accepting of all those around them who are different. I will agree that it isn’t fair that people aren’t all made the same, but how boring would this world be if we were all the samesize, shape, and color.

I am who I am, I am the women that the lord intended for me to be. I am happy with who and what I am; it bothers me that now that I am one hundred and forty pounds lighter that I am looked at as a person, I am now a human being and it is frustrating. I am glad that I have a husband who loved me before the life changing surgery and accepted me completely. I think that if I would have still been single I don’t think that I would have ever gotten married.

I hope that some day this world will be able to look at people and accept them for who they are, and that the color of there skin, there ethnic background or there religious beliefs don’t come into play. I hope that some day we will all be equal and become the human race.

Every day is so wonderful
And suddenly, I saw debris
Now and then, I get insecure
From all the pain, I’m so ashamed

I am beautiful no matter what they say
Words can’t bring me down
I am beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can’t bring me down
So don’t you bring me down today

To all your friends, you’re delirious
So consumed in all your doom
Trying hard to fill the emptiness
The piece is gone left the puzzle undone
That’s the way it is


You are beautiful no matter what they say
Words can’t bring you down
You are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can’t bring you down
Don’t you bring me down today…

No matter what we do
No matter what we say
When the sun is shining through
Then the clouds wont stay

And everywhere we go
The sun wont always shine through
But tomorrow will find a way
All the other times

Cause we are beautiful no matter what they say
Yes, words won’t bring us down, oh no
We are beautiful in every single way
Yes, words can’t bring us down
Don’t bring me down today

3 comments:

my--four--sons said...

I always loved that song.

Chelsea + Brandon said...

This is a great post, Ronda!
I love you!

my--four--sons said...

Hey Ronda my mom said she is trying to get ahold of your mom and she is having a hard time getting through to her. She wants to talk to her about "Santa" If you could have her give my ma a call that would be great. Her number is 400-8164. Thanks!!!!